The RDM and RDMnet standards are available for download from the ESTA Technical Standards Program website – currently free of charge thanks to ProSight speciality insurance.
The RDM standard is extended over time. It is divided up as:
- ANSI E1.20 – 2010 : The core RDM standards which covers the base functions of the protocol
- ANSI E1.37-1 – 2012: Additional message sets for dimmers
- ANSI E1.37-2 – 2015: Additional message sets for IP configuration
- ANSI E1.37-7 – 2019, Additional Message Sets for Gateway & Splitter Configuration Messages
- ANSI E1.33 – 2019: Message Transport and Device Management of ANSI E1.20 (RDM) over IP Networks
If you have applications that the exitsing RDM messages do not cover, consider contacting the RDM Task Group