E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM Developer Forums > RDM Interpretation Questions

RDM Interpretation Questions Discussion and questions relating to interpreting and understanding the E1.20 RDM Standard.

Old May 13th, 2018   #1
sandor

Default Queued Message for SubDevices

Hello,

I want to add the queued message handle for my dimmer system but as I see in the standard the queued_message_get is addressed only for the root device. If one of my sub-device have message to collect do I simple reply with the corresponding PID and modify the sub-device field in the reply message?

Sandor
www.pls.hu
sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2018   #2
sblair
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sblair Send a message via MSN to sblair

Yes, that is correct. The intent of this is to reduce the amount of polling needed so QUEUED_MESSAGEs are sent only to the root device and the response can be either from the root or the sub-device by setting the Sub-Device field accordingly in the response.
Old May 14th, 2018   #3
sandor

Thank You Scott!
sandor is offline   Reply With Quote