E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM Developer Forums > RDM General Implementation Discussion

RDM General Implementation Discussion General Discussion and questions relating to implementing RDM in a product.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3rd, 2008   #1
svanciel

Default Partial RDM implementation?

After speaking to many manufacturers at LDI about a desire to have RDM available in their products, I heard an interesting comment to the effect that various sets of the IP addresses required to implement RDM were "owned" by different parties and some did not chose to pay to use the "rights" that others had tied up. Without going into the nitty-gritty of business decisions, I am wondering if it is possible to have a partial implementation of an RDM talkback scheme. For example, in my current situation, remote addressing is not an issue but getting lamp hours and error messages is highly desirable. Is this feasible within the current RDM protocol?
svanciel is offline   Reply With Quote