E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM Developer Forums > RDM Interpretation Questions

RDM Interpretation Questions Discussion and questions relating to interpreting and understanding the E1.20 RDM Standard.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 12th, 2007   #1
prwatE120
Task Group Member

Default Table 6-6 Checksum Example Error

In section 6.2.11 Table 6.6 we have an example of checksum usage.

It happens to use of a GET_COMMAND: STATUS_MESSAGES and shows in slot #24 a value of 0xFF for the paramater data STATUS_ERROR.

HOWEVER the Status Type define for STATUS_ERROR is shown in Table A-4 as 0x04.

How did I find this ??

A controller (by others) sent me a GET:STATUS_MESSAGES with 0xFF in the paramater data, which I rejected with a
NACK: NR_DATA_OUT_OF_RANGE, since the only valid values (from Table A-4) are 0x00 thru 0x04.

I suggest we review this (and other task group posts) in Dallas before making some of this knowledge public via this forum

regards
prwatE120 is offline   Reply With Quote