E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM User Forums > RDM User Discussion

RDM User Discussion User level discussion and questions about RDM.

Old September 15th, 2017   #1
Nelly

Default Communication from terminal program

Hello there

I have bought a USB to RS-485 converter so I am able to communicate with my LED driver (eldoLED POWERdrive 562/S) which supports DMX and RDM(only addressing). I have now downloaded a terminal program which I can transmit and recieve data with, but I don't know what the driver will react on. Do someone have any idea what I could transmit to the driver so the light will change or something like that?

Nelly
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017   #2
sblair
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sblair Send a message via MSN to sblair

Not sure which USB interface you are using, but you will really need an app that works with it and supports RDM functionality. Are you using a proper USB/DMX interface or just a just a generic USB/485 interface? The latter probably won't work as DMX has very specific timings and baud rate that must be supported.
Old September 18th, 2017   #3
Nelly

Im using a generic USB/485. I searched for a RDM/DMX controller program to test the connection to the driver and it worked. But the terminal program won't work, maybe because of the specific timings and baud rate you are talking about. Thanks for the answer! I have another question though.

If I want to programme a RDM/DMX controller myself with very basic requirements like turning up/down the light and send a request message for info to the driver. Do you have any acknowledged library you could recommend that works with C++, C# or something else?
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2018   #4
prwatE120
Task Group Member

I understand that some versions of the eldoLEDPOWERdrive 562/S firmware are not 100% compliant with the RDM standard, which can upset some controllers.

Aldso note that RDM is for configuration. To turn the light on you need to send DMX512 slot values.
prwatE120 is offline   Reply With Quote