E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM Developer Forums > RDM Physical Layer/Hardware Discussion

RDM Physical Layer/Hardware Discussion Discussion and questions relating to the physical or hardware layer of RDM.

Old July 21st, 2017   #1
dj41354

Default DMXter4 error 0002: DISC MUTE?

Hey Eric..
I've been adding some new personalities to our lights and think I've accidentally affected my RDM code. When I try and run Integrity using my DMXter4 with my new firmware, the DMXter says:
0002: DISC MUTE
NOISE/DATA w/o BRK
at which point Integrity hangs..
Can you tell me what the DMXter might be unhappy with that causes this error message?
Thanks..
dj41354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2017   #2
ericthegeek
Task Group Member

The controller found your responder via DUB. When it tried to mute the responder, it didn't get a valid response. There was activity on the line during the response period (either noise or data), but there wasn't a valid break beforehand, so the response is not valid.
ericthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote