E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM Developer Forums > RDM General Implementation Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

RDM General Implementation Discussion General Discussion and questions relating to implementing RDM in a product.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 11th, 2010   #1
Mark_C

Default When to use Queued Msg VS Status Msg

Greetings,

We have implemented RDM in a prototype LED pixel bar. I have treated each pixel as a subdevice with 3 channels (RGB), and the root with zero footprint. I am using Enttec's controller software to test the various functions and everything seems to work pretty well.

My confusion is on the queued messages versus status messages. It seems from the document that the two are separately maintained lists inside the controller, and one is accessed using the QUEUED_MESSAGE command and the other is accessed using the STATUS_MESSAGE command. Is that correct, and if so, how do I decide what things should go in each?

It appears from examples that things typically queued are non-error changes like DMX Address (assuming hardware dip switches on the controller), or controller or lamp hours. And things that don't get queued are things like errors (LED failure or overtemp). Am I close

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Mark
Mark_C is offline   Reply With Quote