E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM User Forums > RDM User Discussion

RDM User Discussion User level discussion and questions about RDM.

Old April 1st, 2013   #1
austen

Default RDM software/implementation

Hello there!

I have been using the congo offline software on a network with etc gateways with RDM enabled. I can see address and personality information on my Mac IIIs that have extensive RDM support but not much else...

I'm looking to read lamp info and error reports. Does anyone have any luck displaying such information with Congo or any other software?

I'm having a really hard time finding any information on this. Thanks!

- Austen
austen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013   #2
sblair
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sblair Send a message via MSN to sblair

Hey guys, here is some more details from Austen that he had sent me in email on his setup:

I am using about 16 ETC 2 port gateways running sACN from a GrandMA2 console through two unmanaged switches - one in FOH and one in the dimmer room that offers POE for the gateways. I have a computer on the network running the ETC offline Congo software that is definitely showing me some RDM information on most of my lights. It only shows personality and address information however.

I have all martin fixtures. 30 mac 3's, 18 mac 2k wash XB, 48 tripix LED, and like 60 stage bar LEDs.

The only thing I'm seeing is the mac 3's (which is the primary reason I want RDM).

Many of my fixtures are installed in a way that are accessible, but need to be removed for maintenance, so any sort of remote information is very helpful.

Thanks again for your response, even if you don't have time to help and resources you can point me to would help tremendously. I don't see why more people aren't using this and information is everywhere?! Even the vendors that supplied my equipment didn't have anyone with knowledge, so THANK YOU!

- AUSTEN
Old April 2nd, 2013   #3
nomis52
Task Group Member

I asked someone I know at ETC and this is what they replied with:

To get device feedback such as RDM errors in Congo you have to open the feedback tab found in the Browser->About->Dimmer/Device Feedback Log. If there are active RDM errors for PATCHED devices you will also get a notification in the header of each Congo window and on the patched device itself in Live.

To get more information on an attached RDM devices, first navigate to the Browser->Patching->RDM Device List. With this list open you can then select your desired RDM device and open more advanced properties. This is done by using the arrow keys and Enter or double clicking with a mouse in the "Parameters" or "Sensors" cell for the device you wish to look at. This will open another tab providing the detailed information on that device type. Unlike errors, RDM devices do NOT have to be patched to get this information.
nomis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013   #4
austen

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking to get away from the congo software its just the ONLY thing ive seen work.

As far as
Quote:
With this list open you can then select your desired RDM device and open more advanced properties. This is done by using the arrow keys and Enter or double clicking with a mouse in the "Parameters" or "Sensors" cell for the device you wish to look at.
I have no such capabilities on my machine. Double clicking as well as arrows really do nothing... or just let me change the address or personality info in the editable cells of the column.

Any other software that is more modern and/or better suited as a standalone RDM controller?

Thank YOU
austen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013   #5
sblair
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sblair Send a message via MSN to sblair

None of those will work with the ETC nodes. You might try checking out whether you can use Pathport Manager from Pathway as they are the ones that manufacture those nodes for ETC.
Old April 3rd, 2013   #6
nomis52
Task Group Member

Austen have you tried contacting ETC support?
nomis52 is offline   Reply With Quote