E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM User Forums > RDM Marketplace Discussion

RDM Marketplace Discussion Discussion for any products that include RDM functionality.

Old October 5th, 2011   #1
nomis52
Task Group Member

Default RDM Device Model Index: please send me device model IDs if you have them!

I've started collecting information about the known RDM device model IDs that are in use. You can see what I've got so far at http://rdm.openlighting.org/ (click on the Device Model tab).

Please send me any device models you know of and I'll get them listed. If you'd like a feed of this data let me know and we'll organize a data format.

Simon
nomis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012   #2
owaits

Would someone be able to add a link to this from the main rdmprotocol.org site? The current list on the site is lacking allot of info such as model id.

Some thoughts as this list is crucial to linking a console personality to a fixture.

• can the list include the modes or personalities of the fixture.
  • would it be possible for manufacturers to have a login so they can update the database themselves.
owaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012   #3
nomis52
Task Group Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaits View Post
Would someone be able to add a link to this from the main rdmprotocol.org site? The current list on the site is lacking allot of info such as model id.

Some thoughts as this list is crucial to linking a console personality to a fixture.

• can the list include the modes or personalities of the fixture.
  • would it be possible for manufacturers to have a login so they can update the database themselves.
There is data on personalities & sensors for many of the responders. I just realized I broke the javascript code that renders it. I've fixed it now, just make sure you force-reload to get the new js.

As for the Manufacturer Console, yes that's on my TODO list. Patches are welcome .

We've got a Google Summer of Code student to work on this and the RDM tests, so you can expect to see progress over the next few months.

Simon
nomis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012   #4
sblair
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sblair Send a message via MSN to sblair

It would be nice to get more of the info into the RDMProtocol.org site. Right now there are no links on the on the products to get more detailed info: http://www.rdmprotocol.org/rdmusers/products/

Especially things like the Manufacturer-Specific PID's would be very nice to have accessible.

I'm wondering if there is a better way we can integrate the two sites? Maybe a frame within the products page on the RDMProtocol site that then just displays a page directly from your site that is skinned to match the RDMProtocol site a bit more.

Thoughts?