E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM User Forums > RDM User Discussion

RDM User Discussion User level discussion and questions about RDM.

Old March 31st, 2012   #1
JohnHuntington

Default Share your experiences with RDM in a show system?

I'm updating the RDM chapter in my book. I've been to PLASA plugfests (wish I could go to the upcoming one, but I've got a gig that weekend), and know most of the RDM developers, so I have a reasonable understanding of the state of development.

But now that RDM's been on the market for a few years, I'd like to talk to some techs who have been using RDM on shows. We could talk/email offline, or I'm happy to ask questions here.

Who's using RDM on their shows?

Thanks!

John Huntington
www.controlgeek.net
JohnHuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012   #2
sblair
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sblair Send a message via MSN to sblair

Hey John!

We don't get very many users on here as it is 95% developers. However I can point you to a few resources.

Steve Vanciel (SVanciel) at WDW made a big effort to get everything upgraded to RDM on one of his shows at WDW a few years back, long before it was as practical to do as it is now. I'd certainly reach out to him by sending him a PM through the forums here: http://www.rdmprotocol.org/forums/member.php?u=1406

Todd Drga at the Long PAC in Austin I know was also using RDM a fair amount I believe with his rig too. I don't have his contact info, but I'm sure Eric Johnson on here does.

Also, I'd check with a few of the manufacturers as can point you to some of the users they know that are doing a lot with it. First on the list would be Wayne Howell. They've been making extensive use of RDM in pretty much all of their installations and I'm sure they have some users they can point you to.

The Grand Mosque project done by ETC and Martin is probably one of the largest scale installations out there if you want to get some variety from small shows to huge projects. Dennis Varian at ETC should be able to put you in contact with people for that.

Let me know if there is any info I can help with for updating the book. I'd certainly also be happy to be a technical reviewer for it if you'd like.

Thanks.
Scott
Old April 1st, 2012   #3
JohnHuntington

Thanks for the leads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblair View Post
Hey John!
Let me know if there is any info I can help with for updating the book. I'd certainly also be happy to be a technical reviewer for it if you'd like.
Scott
I just finished the general update of the RDM section yesterday and had on my todo list to contact you about that, you'll be getting an email shortly (and IIRC you reviewed the last time too) :-)

Thanks!

John
www.controlgeek.net
JohnHuntington is offline   Reply With Quote