E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM Developer Forums > RDM General Implementation Discussion

RDM General Implementation Discussion General Discussion and questions relating to implementing RDM in a product.

Old October 24th, 2018   #1
saiteja

Default DMX

I am developing code in STM32F407 Controller and i have taken RGBW mode in DMX. now i am looking to add strobe effect to RGBW. iam setting the PWM and making it zero after some delay. at slower delays like 25ms the lights are hangging. i thought that is because of interrupt during delay. so i implemented timer delay concept there also iam facing same issue. Can some one suggest solution for this
saiteja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2018   #2
saiteja

i want simultaneous option of change in PWM and strobe at different speeds.
In manual it is working fine but in DMX it is hanging
in timers i am setting prescale to 84 and ARR to 99.
Old October 24th, 2018   #3
ericthegeek
Task Group Member

We have a lot of experience with the protocols here, but not much experience with any particular microcontroller. I suspect the answer will depend on the behavior of the specific PWM block in your chip.
ericthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2018   #4
saiteja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthegeek View Post
We have a lot of experience with the protocols here, but not much experience with any particular microcontroller. I suspect the answer will depend on the behavior of the specific PWM block in your chip.
If only PWM eventhough giving simultaneously it was taking but when adding strobe function to it. it is haging. For this i have tried with SmoothPWM by taking TIM5 in that simultaneous working is fine but issue is at lower delays like 25ms and 50ms it is not getting the high intensity
Old February 27th, 2019   #5
Oiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthegeek View Post
We have a lot of experience with rangefinder binoculars and the protocols here, but not much experience with any particular microcontroller. I suspect the answer will depend on the behavior of the specific PWM block in your chip.
Why would lower delays in those ranges cause problems? I thought lower delays were easier to handle.

Last edited by Oiment; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:36 AM.
Oiment is offline   Reply With Quote