E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums  

Go Back   E1.20 RDM (Remote Device Management) Protocol Forums > RDM Developer Forums > RDM General Implementation Discussion

RDM General Implementation Discussion General Discussion and questions relating to implementing RDM in a product.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th, 2018   #1
soundscu

Default PARAMETER_DESCRIPTION

I need to add numerous control options to our RDM implementation that are not standard PIDs. They are unique to our devices, therefore not worthy of consideration for addition to the overall standard.

Despite it's limitations, the original PARAMETER_DESCRIPTION, in E1.20, would work fine for what I need to do.

Is PARAMETER_DESCRIPTION supported by any controllers? It would be great if the DMXcat would do it.

Also, what happened to E1.37-5 with an expanded version of PARAMETER_DESCRIPTION? I have the draft from 2014, but I don't see it or anything similar in the published or review categories of the TSP website.

Thanks,
Jim
soundscu is offline   Reply With Quote