View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2011   #1
redwind

Default errors when testing discovery

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but it was recommended as a great place for RDM issues so I'm looking forward to being part of it. I am currently in the process of testing a RDM/DMX system that I finished designing and am stuck with the discovery process. I am using a DMXter4 RDM to test my code out.

When I run a new discovery, everything runs as should. Using a logic analyzer, all of the timings appear to be within the protocol standards, but I am receiving an "euid is not within dub range" error. If I end discovery at this point and look at the response packet data, it is correct and the check sums are all there. If I let discovery continue, I instantly get a "framing error, dub resp too short, and a euid decode error" and the response packet is 00.

It was my understanding that once the euid was found a mute packet would be sent out before another discovery, but I never see a mute packet come across. I am not quite sure what this "euid is not within dub range" error is or why it is trying another discovery if I let it continue. Any help or explanation of this error would be great.
redwind is offline   Reply With Quote