View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2014   #12
zano_villa

Default Issue resolved

Hello,

Actually the issue is resolved if status messages are asserted ONLY when the condition occurs and then, once the message is collected by the controller, the responder no longer has the message.

So STATUS MESSAGE is not generated as a result of a GET_QUEUED_MESSAGE or STATUS_MESSAGE request, but it's generated when the condition occurs and then queued, waiting for a controller request, and purged after been sent. Therefore it's in effect a queued message.

Is this a correct interpretation?

As further explanation I would ask if it is correct to write the last 2 indents of page 50 of the standard applied to QUEUED MESSAGES, namely:

"The responder shall maintain reported QUEUE information until it has been successfully delivered to the controller. QUEUED MESSAGE is considered successfully delivered when the responder receives a Status Type Requested other than STATUS_GET_LAST_MESSAGE.
The previously delivered QUEUED messages shall be cleared from the reporting queue once they have been successfully delivered to the Controller."

And a last question, please: if I have an queued ADVISORY status message and controller ask me for a ERROR type (so I respond with PDL of 0), shall I consider the status message sent?

Probably 10.3 chapter of the standard is the most unclear!

Thank you very much for your regard and accuracy in answers.

Zano_villa

Last edited by zano_villa; January 29th, 2014 at 05:46 AM.
zano_villa is offline   Reply With Quote