View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2014   #12
tharron

I just corrected another minor issue with the response packet for DISC_MUTE and I think my device is now relaying valid response packets for the mute command; however, looking at the packet history I'm not sure what the DMXter is doing.

I manually set up the UID and then sent a MUTE packet via the DMXter. I can tell the light identifies(why?), but the DMXter reports WRONG PDL FOR PID. If I click the Yes button again I see the destination UID as well as NOT RESPONDING.

After this I went and checked the packet history, and the first thing I see is a good response from the mute packet. Above that is a broadcast identify packet, a device model description packet, an identify packet response (I think this is the response packet the "wrong" PDL) and finally another broadcast identify device.

Quote:
"EUID Decode Error" means the DMXter's RDM controller saw activity on the wire during the Discovery Response Period, but that it could not find a valid EUID in the data. It could be that the checksum does not match or some similar issue.
Please confirm that an invalid checksum could cause the decode error? I have double- (and triple- and quadruple- and...) checked my checksum code, but while I am fairly confident it's OK I'm even more confident about the encoding of the UID.

Quote:
A common problem is the responder turning off the 485 line driver's transmit enable signal before the last byte has been fully sent. You need to make sure that all 8 bits have been shifted out along with the stop bits before turning off the transmitter.
I was actually running into this problem previously, but I noticed it pretty quickly and it looks like everything is making it out of the transmitter before I disable it.
tharron is offline   Reply With Quote