luiscolo

Smile status error queued?/status id definnition

Hi everyone!
I'm working on the "collection of queued and status messages"
I have a couple of questions:

1) Consider the following case:
a responder has it's queue message empty
the temperature sensor is in overtemp condition,

may the responder flag a pending message queued in it's message count?
in the next queued message request it will inform the overtemperature condition with a status message,

Is this a valid mechanism? I know it's not exactly a queued message, but if the controller, for any reason, do not requiere status messages and based on the "non queued messages" info, may pospond their known about the overtemp info,

2) Based on the "power state defines", a responder could fail to re-enable his power supply to return to normal state from standby or shutdon state, how it must inform this? there is no status id definition for power supply failure,

I think i can create a sensor that monitors the power supply (in fact it's an optocoupler that monitor this condition), and report an undervoltage error, but is not the exactly case, do you think that we may add the ppower supply failure to the status id definitions or only (and not straightly) create a virtual sensor that monitors if the supply succeds to turn on and repoort them as 12V (for example) or if it fails report them as 0 volts?

thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english,
Luis Bolster
luiscolo is offline   Reply With Quote