View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2011   #9
ericthegeek
Task Group Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by head_up View Post
1) i have 3 custom PIDs, N1 and N2 are support only SET (E120_CC_SET), N3 support only GET (E120_CC_GET). The controller continue to request information from me about this PIDs and i'm sending the description any time. And the strange is - the controller sometime try to GET PIDs N1 and N2. But i haven't support for them and i'm not answering. Is this correct?
No, that is not correct. You should send a NACK response with a reason code of UNSUPPORTED_COMMAND_CLASS

Quote:
2) DMX_START_ADDRESS in E120_DEVICE_INFO/E120_DMX_START_ADDRESS requests is set to 0xFFFF), if i correctly understand the documentation. I'm not supporting any DMX data for my needs, i will only send this data to devices connected to me. Is this 0xFFFF correct answer? I'm not sure how to understand DMX512 Footprint (of 0) - what this field mean?
You are correct, if your device does not use any Null Startcode DMX data, then you send the DMX512 Footprint to 0, and the DMX512 Start Address to 0xFFFF in the DEVICE_INFO response.

You do not have to support the DMX_START_ADDRESS PID.

Quote:
3) ok i'll be proxy device, i identify my self with E120_PROXIED_DEVICES and E120_PROXIED_DEVICE_COUNT supported PIDs (for now fake, 0 devices reported every time). i also set the Bit 0 Managed Proxy Flag (bit 0) in Control Field of mute/un-mute requests. Is this enough for the controller to understand what i'm? Because E120_PROXIED_DEVICES and E120_PROXIED_DEVICE_COUNT are never reached in my code - no request about them
Not all controllers support the E120_PROXIED_DEVICES feature. Some controllers use these PIDs, but they are not required too.

You must also respond to DISCOVER_UNIQUE_BRANCH requests on behalf of your proxied devices, so a controller that doesn't support the E120_PROXIED_DEVICES PIDs will find the devices on the far side of your proxy that way.

Quote:
Edit: E120_PRODUCT_CATEGORY_DATA i reported for E120_DEVICE_INFO request, is this correct for proxy device? I know - i want too many information from you, but i need it realy. Thanks again!
That is fine.
ericthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote