View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2011   #6
tim_ecue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanww View Post
I have a couple questions.. This is my first experience with RDM at all.. So really new to it!

I have an installation that is an eCue control system with a Butler XT driving DMX to a chain of Martin Mac 350's. Well and some other lights, but so far this is the only thing that does RDM out of the lot of lights.

I keep getting some error messages:

1/29/2011 1:47:55 PM [RDM] Butler XT - Dome #1 port 0 device 4D50:0107D11E: Hiding gateway timeout

1/29/2011 1:48:22 PM [RDM] Butler XT - Dome #1 port 0 device FFFF:FFFFFFFF: Forwarding gateway timeout

I am wondering what exactly they mean..

Also, when I look at the device, I can see the DMX footprint, personality number, starting address. But it shows as having no subdevices and no sensors in the window. I was told by Martin that I should be able to get all of the sensor readings.. I am wondering if this is related to the above errors maybe?

Thanks,
Ryan
Hy Ryan,

the gateway timeout stuff is as eric suggested related to the involved ethernet gateway and no reason to worry if it happens only occaisionally. The system will deal with that.

You may be using a programmer version that does not support subdevices (assuming there are any on the fixtures at all). For full RDM support, please use the upcoming 5.3 version (available at beginning of march), which will include complete RDM support. Earlier version do have missing features.

Still, if in the device info section the software shows a subdevice count of 0, this is just because there are no subdevices Do You have a reason to beleive they should be there?

Best,
Tim
tim_ecue is offline   Reply With Quote