View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2013   #3
dtewksbury

Hi Scott, thank you for your response.

I have further information now. After posting my original question, I got desperate and I removed the payload from my response packet, disabled the transaction incrementing so that the checksum would not change, then I spent the next hour decoding the waveform on the DSO by hand. Everything looked correct in the packet, so I assumed that was not the problem. I then added all the data back into it to look further.

Next it dawned on me that maybe the device requires a specific address to decode, which makes no sense, but still I thought I would try to send data back to FFFF:FFFF:FFFF. This worked and everything was decoded and the transaction was complete. Everything working as it should.

This makes no sense to me, if the Enttec device will only receive data on a certain address, why do I have to fill in the source address? It should do that itself.

Clearly I am missing something else, however this does allow me to continue to implement the rest of the GET and SET commands. I will also tackle device discovery.

On another note, I came up with a good way to generate the break using the PIC24, but without the need to use an extra port bit and resistor. Simply use the output invert bit to toggle from line Idle to break and back, this works a treat.

Daryl.
dtewksbury is offline   Reply With Quote